Registered under the Post-secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320) and offering three full-time bachelor honours degree programmes since October 2015, the Gratia Christian College aspires to become a private independent Christian university that excels in liberal arts and professional education for developing servant leaders to serve the Chinese and global communities with competence and Christian love.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Head or Manager of Development and Communication
- Obtain a recognized university degree, preferably in Marketing / Journalism / Business Administration or related subjects with substantial relevant post-qualification experience;
- Carry a strong network with the tertiary education sector / the public sector and the mass media;
- Be versed in the strategies for student recruitment in the tertiary education sector, event management / fundraising;
- Be self-driven, proactive, and outcome-oriented;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably with fluent
- Possess excellent communication, persuasion, and coordination skills;
- Communicate effectively with relevant internal and external parties for smooth
- Have track record of successful leadership and project management.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Advise the College management in formulating and executing the College’s policies and decisions relating to its development and communication;
- Offer the College management expertise and support in committees or on matters for the development, image, and the external relations of the College, e.g. organizing events, exhibitions and/or meetings to promote the College to relevant communities and stakeholders;
- Plan and coordinate the College’s fundraising activities;
- Identify and cultivate close ties and collaboration between the College, churches, NGOs as well as the commercial sector to serve society as well as for the College’s growth;
- Design and disseminate corporate messages and informative / marketing materials to major stakeholders through appropriate channels including the media;
- Devise and implement media and networking strategies, including maintaining long-term working relationships with the media and important collaborating entities for supporting various College’s initiatives;
- Support the College’s major functions such as student recruitment exercise, symposiums, conferences, and open day;
- Provide counsel for the College’s endeavors in securing / developing campus premises or land acquisition; and
- Perform any other duties as may be appropriately assigned.
Terms of appointment:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment is on contract basis with the possibility of renewal subject to review. Medical benefits and annual leave will be provided.
(Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager of Development and Communication.)
Please apply in writing with full resume and copies of academic qualifications, indicating date of availability, latest and expected salary. Applications should be sent to Human Resources Office, Gratia Christian College, 5 Wai Chi Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com on or before Saturday, 15 June 2019. Applicants who have responded to similar advertisement in March are still under consideration and hence need not re-apply. Interview may be arranged before the application deadline if suitable candidates can be identified.