Vision & Mission
To be a private independent Christian university that excels in liberal arts and professional education for developing servant leaders to serve the Chinese and global communities with competence and Christian love.
To fulfill the above Vision, GCC sets out its Mission Statements as follows:
- To inspire students to develop academically and spiritually, discover complementation between knowledge and faith, think critically with clarity, act professionally with integrity, and work in teams effectively with humility.
- To provide professional development and life-long learning programmes for staff in partnership with educational, commercial, and religious organizations.
- To engage the Church in inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogues for developing Christian approaches to current and future issues facing the Chinese and global communities.
Strategies for Achieving the Vision and Mission
To realize the above Vision and Mission, GCC is committed to develop a private independent Christian college which excels itself on both the academic and spiritual sides. The College would:
- recruit dedicated teachers and give them full support to equip students with professional competencies;
- take care to create different learning environments for students to develop various components of intelligence such as analytic, creative, and practical, and acquire the different strategies of learning and memory;
- provide chances to students to express themselves to cultivate their self-efficacy;
- guide students to form personal goal with an understanding of the local and global issues so that they could commit their energy to transcend themselves to be a contributing person in society;
- live out “CHRIST” values as a group by professors as models to students supplemented by instructions through courses, seminars, and practice in life experience to become servant leaders;
- invest in research and organize seminars to investigate the mutual complementation between knowledge and faith in the scope we have established so that knowledge and faith can mutually strengthen each other; and
- work in partnership with educational, commercial, religious organizations in providing professional development and life-long learning programmes for staff.
Desired Characteristics of GCC Graduates
It is desired that GCC graduates:
- be knowledgeable and professional;
- learn independently and think critically;
- strive for innovation;
- integrate the “CHRIST” values and faith in whole person development;
- develop self-confidence, social and interpersonal skills;
- be a valuable citizen of society with global perspectives; and
- apply the principle of servant leadership in life.