Registered under the Post-secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320) and offering three full-time bachelor honours degree programmes since October 2015, the Gratia Christian College aspires to become a private independent Christian university that excels in liberal arts and professional education for developing servant leaders to serve the Chinese and global communities with competence and Christian love.
The College now seeks to recruit suitable candidates for the following positions:
Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer School of Social Work
Qualified candidates should:
- Be a Registered Social Worker with 5 years’ post-qualification experience
- Possess preferably a relevant doctoral degree for the post at Assistant Professor level and a
relevant master’s degree with proven teaching experience in tertiary setting for Senior
Lecturer / Lecturer post
- Have good teaching track record in tertiary institutions
- Display familiarity and capability of teaching more than two of the following subjects:
Social Work (Micro / Macro) Theory & Practice, Administration of Social Service Providers,
Poverty & Social Exclusion, Social Policy, Child Protection & Family Challenges, Mental
Health, Working with Elderly, Youth Work, etc.
- Demonstrate good potential for research / good publication record (for Assistant Professor)
- Exhibit experience and ability in coordinating fieldwork practice
Terms of appointment:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment would be offered
on gratuity-bearing contract basis with a possibility of renewal subject to review. Medical
benefits and annual leave will be provided accordingly.
- Perform teaching duties,
- Carry out research and scholarly activities,
- Collaborate with members of other departments and programs, and
- Undertake administrative duties as required.
Please apply in writing with full resume and copies of academic qualifications, indicating date of
availability, latest and expected salaries. Applications should reach the Human Resources Office,
Gratia Christian College, 5 Wai Chi Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by email
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 31 May 2019. For enquiries, please call at 5804 4149.