Higher Diploma in Transformative Business Management Programme
QR Registration No.
1 September 2019 – 31 August 2025
MODE OF STUDY
Full time / Part time
Full time – 2 years
Part time – 3 years
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English supplemented with Chinese with the exception of the Chinese Language and some General Education courses which are conducted in Chinese
The Higher Diploma in Transformative Business Management Programme is designed to train and educate students for the future of Hong Kong’s business organisations and NGOs. The theme of the programme is enabling learners to acquire a basis of knowledge in business, marketing, and management with a special focus on business transformation.
The programme objectives of the HDTBM Programme are as follows:
- Students are equipped with the most up-to-date theories, knowledge and skills to be competent in business, marketing, and management settings at the para-professional level, with a focus on business transformation.
- Students are inspired to develop academically and spiritually, discover complementation between knowledge and faith, think critically with clarity, act professionally with integrity, and work in teams effectively with humility.
- They are nurtured to be servant leaders to exemplify the C.H.R.I.S.T. (Commitment, Humility, Resilience, Integrity, Service and Teamwork) values in various aspects of business, such as services, marketing, management, and business transformation.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
The programme intended learning outcomes of the HDTBM Programme are divided into two aspects, “To do” and “To be”. The former focuses on development of knowledge and skills while the latter focuses on developing the character of students. The PILOs are:
(To do) Graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge of transformative business management and to generate ideas through the application of knowledge and analysis of abstract information and concepts;
- apply a wide range of knowledge and specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills to solve business problems and perform tasks in business and related sectors;
- communicate effectively through writing, presentation or discussion in English and Chinese for tasks in the business environment;
- use information technology effectively for acquiring, learning, communicating and handling business related issues in familiar scenarios;
- critically synthesise, analyse and evaluate data, information, issues, ideas and concepts used in business; and
- be adequately prepared to pursue undergraduate training or chosen careers that require business management knowledge with transformative aspects.
(To be) Graduates of the Programme will become:
- knowledgeable persons who integrate the “CHRIST” values and faith in the working environment;
- valuable citizens of society who have a good understanding of the world, of the communities and cultures in which they may live or work, and of current global issues of importance in familiar scenarios;
- competent persons who are prepared to take up careers in the business and related sectors, for example, social entrepreneurship with good social, communication and interpersonal skills;
- problem-solvers who have a broad base of general knowledge and solve problems with creativity and innovation;
- life-long learners who have the expertise and skills in gaining knowledge related to and beyond their profession; and
- servant leaders who apply the principles of servant leadership to contribute to the well-being of the world with Christian love.
The Year 1 entry requirements of the HDTBM Programme are as follows:
- Level 2 in five subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination. Up to two Applied Learning subjects may be counted for admission purposes. Non-Chinese speaking students may use alternative qualifications in Chinese Language; OR
- Secondary school graduates from other education systems with results comparable to the above (for non-native speakers of Chinese, academic results in Chinese may not be required); OR
- Successful completion of a foundation diploma, pre-associate degree, or Diploma Yi Jin; OR
- Successful completion of the Diploma in Pre-University Studies Programme offered by Gratia Christian College; OR
- Mature applicants who are aged 21 years or above when admission is sought; OR
- An equivalent qualification assessed by the College; AND
- Pass an admission interview.
- completed and been assessed on all courses;
- obtained an overall GPA of 2.0 or above across all courses;
- obtained a Grade D or above in all courses;
- completed 20 hours of community service; and
- fulfilled an attendance requirement of not less than 80% in all courses and College Assembly.
Graduates will be prepared to take up entry level positions in business/organisational settings. The HDTBM Programme will offer field visits and liaise with industry professionals to provide mentorship to our students. These industry exposure experiences provide opportunities for our graduates to prove themselves as competent and dedicated business management professionals to their potential future employers.
Further Study Opportunities
The Programme will equip students with the knowledge, skills and academic qualifications for further study in Hong Kong, mainland China and overseas. Students can apply to top-up degree programmes related to business, marketing and management, service management, quality management, etc. Students may choose to apply for Year 3 entry in the Bachelor of Service Management (Honours) Programme offered by GCC to continue their studies in business and management.
- English I: Reading and Writing Skills
- Practical Chinese Writing
- Lives of Servant Leaders
- 1 Elective
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Introduction to Statistics
- Principles of Management
- Innovative Service Quality Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Generic Coding Skills for Web Applications
- English II: Integrated English
- 2 Electives
- Talent Development for Capacity Building
- Marketing Research with Blockchain Concepts
- Transformative Industry Exposure
- Management Information System
- Data-Driven Management Style for Transformations
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence