Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Service Marketing and Management Programme
QR Registration No.
1/9/2015 – 31/8/2020
MODE OF STUDY
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English unless otherwise required by specific courses
For details, please refer to Programme Handbook 2018/19.
The Programme is designed to train and educate students who will shape the future of Hong Kong’s business organisations and NGOs. The Programme objectives are as follows:
- Students will develop academically and spiritually, discover the intersection between knowledge and faith, think critically with clarity, act professionally and work cooperatively with integrity and humility.
- Students will be nurtured to be servant leaders by reflecting the values of “CHRIST” in the service industry and business sector.
- Students will be equipped with the theories, knowledge and skills needed to be accomplished professionals in their chosen careers.
- Students are committed to making significant contributions to the service industry in Hong Kong by integrating the knowledge and skills they have gained and the servant leadership they have developed from this Programme.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
The programme intended learning outcomes of the programme are classified into two aspects, “To do” and “To be”. The former focuses on instruction of knowledge and skills while the latter focuses on developing the character of students. The PILOs are:
(To do) Graduates will be able to:
- establish a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge of Marketing and Management and to generate ideas through application of the knowledge and analysis of abstract information and concepts;
- apply a wide range of knowledge and specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills to solve business problems and perform tasks in the service industry or business sector;
- communicate effectively through writing, presentation or discussion in English and Chinese tasks in the service industry or business environment;
- use information technology effectively for acquiring, learning, communicating and handling business related issues;
- critically synthesise, analyse and evaluate data, information, issues, ideas and concepts; and
- be adequately prepared to pursue postgraduate training or chosen careers that require Service Marketing and Management knowledge.
(To be) Graduates of the programme will become:
- knowledgeable persons who integrate the “CHRIST” values and faith in the working environment;
- valuable citizens of society who have a good understanding of the world, of the communities and cultures in which they may live or work, and of current global issues of importance;
- competent professionals who take up careers in the service industry or business sector with good social, communication and interpersonal skills;
- problem-solvers who have a broad base of general knowledge and solve problems with creativity and innovation;
- life-long learners who have the expertise and skills in gaining knowledge related to and beyond their profession; and
- servant leaders who apply the principles of servant leadership to contribute to the well-being of the world with Christian love.
- Attain Level 3 in English Language and Chinese Language, Level 2 in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one elective subject in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE); or
- Hold equivalent qualifications; and
- Pass an admission interview.
- Completed an Associate Degree or Higher Diploma in a related discipline from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or overseas; and
- Pass an admission interview.
- completed and been assessed on at least 126 credits;
- obtained an overall GPA of 2.0 or above across all courses in which they were assessed;
- obtained a Grade D or better on at least 120 credits;
- completed 20 hours of community service;
- completed 20 hours of In-house service; and
- attended College Assembly with an attendance rate not less than 80%.
GCC is exploring professional exemptions for our graduates from the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
The purpose of this Programme is to meet the demand of both business corporations and NGOs. Graduates may work in different fields of the service industry, such as Financial and Banking Service, Investment Management, Hospitality and Tourism, Logistics and Transportation, Wholesale and Retail Trade, Management Consultancy, Internet Marketing, and Advertising Agency. Students with an inclination towards client services, marketing and management skills and broad knowledge in business may take up various job functions like Advertising, Promotion and Marketing Communications, Marketing and Sales, Brand Product Marketing, Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Market Research, Event Management, Customer Relations Management and Digital Marketing and Website Management.
Further Study Opportunities
Students can apply for graduate programmes related to business or management such as:
a) Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Management with or without specialisation;
b) Master of Science in Marketing;
c) Master of Science in Organisational and Change Management; and
d) Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Marketing or Management and others.
Students can also pursue further studies in other related areas such as logistics, finance and accounting. After completing a Master’s degree, they can apply for a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).
- Creative Arts in Daily Life
- Public Speaking and Presentation
- Chinese for Professionals
- English for Professionals
- Critical Thinking
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Intermediate Accounting Principles
- Principles of Marketing
- Management Information System
- Servant Leadership
- Life Stories of Servant Leaders
- Holistic Health
- Information Management and Technology in Society
- Operations Management
- Organisation Behaviour
- Principles of Management
- Business Statistics
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behaviour
- Information Literacy
- 2 Electives
- Law for Hong Kong Business
- Principles of Finance
- Corporate Sustainability
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Service Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Service Process Design and Management
- 2 Electives
- 3 Electives
- Business Honours Project
- 1 Elective
* The above study plan is subject to change.