Summary of CEF Reimbursement
|Validity Period of CEF Account:||No Validity Period|
|Maximum Number of Claims:||No Limit|
|Subsidy Ceiling:||$20,000 per applicant after 1 April 2019|
|Co-payment Ratios by Learner:||20% of the course fee for the first $10,000;
40% of the course fee for the second $10,000
Applicant can submit application for opening an account together with application for the first reimbursement claim after the successful completion of the applicant’s first CEF course within one year.
View more details in Continuing Education Fund Website：www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef
A person who meets the following eligibility criteria can apply for CEF:
- A Hong Kong resident who has the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, or a holder of one-way permit from Mainland China;
- aged from 18 to 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF course commences and submitting the respective reimbursement application;
- has successfully completed a CEF course and attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course or such higher attendance requirement as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher), and attained the overall mark of either 50% or such higher percentage of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher);
- at the time of application, and on seeking reimbursement of the tuition fee has paid the tuition fee for a CEF course;
- has not obtained any other publicly-funded financial assistance for the same course, module or unit of study credits.
How to apply
- Applicants do not need to submit any document before class commencement.
- Submit the completed CEF Application Form [SFO313 (2020)] together with the required institutional certification and the copy of the following supporting documents by post or in person to The Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) (Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong) within one year upon successful completion of a CEF Course and before reaching the age of 71.
- Hong Kong Smart Identity Card,
- One-way permit (if applicable),
- Documentary proof of tuition fees paid,
- Documentary proof of successful completion of the course(s),Front page of the applicant’s bank passbook or bank statement showing the applicant’s name, account number and bank name /bank code.
Applicants may also place their applications in the drop-in box on 12/F or G/F., Cheung Shan Wan Government Offices.
Late applications will not be accepted by the Government.
For applications containing complete information, application results will normally be released by the OCEF not more than eight (8) weeks from the date of receipt of applications.
How to obtain the CEF Application Form
- The CEF Application Form [SFO313 (2020)] can be obtained from any District Offices, the OCEF, or downloaded from here: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/download/SFO313.pdf
- The properly filled in Application Form must first be certified by GCC after course completion.
- General enquiries about the CEF Scheme should be addressed to the OCEF (Tel: 3142 2277, a 24-hour manned enquiry hotline handled by staff of “1823”; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef). For more specific enquiries, such as course admission criteria and schedules, please contact the College via email (email@example.com) or refer to the College website for the details of CEF reimbursable courses.
- Applicants can check the usable balance of subsidy by logging in the CEF website and use the subsidy calculator to estimate the eligible subsidy.