CEF Course Code
(3 hours / week)
Total Contact Hours
To be announced
Medium of Instruction
English supplemented with Chinese
(Monthly tuition fee: HK$1,125; No. of instalments: 4)
(Max. 80% of total tuition fee can be reimbursed under CEF if requirements fulfilled)
*Subject to approval by relevant authorities due to special circumstances under the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Family Dynamics and Counselling
- Family is a system
- The balancing acts of a system
- System assessment
- Induce change in a family system
- Self-saving / Survival
Dr Susanna WONG IP
Dip., M.A.T., M.P.H., Ph.D.
- HKDSE Level 2 in five subjects including English Language and Chinese Language. Up to two Applied Learning subjects may be counted for admission purpose. Non-Chinese speaking students may use alternative Chinese Language qualifications; or
- Secondary school graduates from other education systems with results comparable to (a) above (for non-native speakers of Chinese, academic result in Chinese may not be required); or
- Successful completion of a Foundation Diploma, Pre-Associate Degree, or Diploma Yi Jin; or
- Successful completion of the Diploma in Pre-University Studies programme offered by the College; or
- Mature applicants who are aged 21 or above on 1 September of the year when the admission is sought; or
- An equivalent qualification.
(A) Assessment Items and Their Weightings:
- Student Presentation: 20%
- Experiential Role-playing and Interaction: 20%
- Group Project on Video Demonstration and Individual Reflective Paper: 30%
- Term Paper: 30%
(B) Completion Requirements:
50% overall passing mark
(C) CEF Reimbursement Requirements:
- Attendance Requirement: At least 70% of the total contact hours of the course
- Completion Requirement: 50% overall passing mark
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
This course / The mother course (Higher Diploma in Psychology and Counselling Programme) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 4).