Arrangements During Bad Weather
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.3 or Red Rainstorm Warning is in force, all classes and examinations will continue to be held as scheduled, unless otherwise announced by GCC.
- When the Hong Kong Observatory announces that Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above will be issued within the next 2 hours, special arrangement (in particular cancellation of classes) may be required based on the prevailing weather situation.
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 (or above) or the Black Rainstorm Warning is in force, the following arrangements shall apply:
|For Morning Classes||Warning signal issued at or after 7:00 am||All morning classes (i.e. 9:00 am – 1:00 pm) will be cancelled|
|For Afternoon Classes||Warning signal cancelled between 6:00 am and 11:00 am||All afternoon classes (i.e. 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm) will be held as scheduled|
|Warning signal in force at or after 11:00 am||All afternoon classes (i.e. 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm) will be cancelled|
|For Evening Classes||Warning signal cancelled between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm||All evening classes commencing after 6:30 pm will be held as scheduled|
|Warning signal in force at or after 4:00 pm||All evening classes commencing after 6:30 pm will be cancelled|
|Warning issued before 7:00 am||All morning examinations (i.e. 9:00 am – 1:00 pm) will be postponed|
|Warning issued at or after 11:00 am||All afternoon examinations (i.e. 1:00 pm or after) will be postponed|
- Cancelled examinations will be re-scheduled to a specific date according to the contingency arrangement.
- If students are already at GCC when Black Rainstorm Warning or Signal No.8 or above is hoisted, arrangements will be made by the College to release them to go home as soon as weather and traffic conditions are safe.
- If a Black Rainstorm Warning or Signal No.8 is hoisted during the examination, examination will be continued unless otherwise announced by the College.