Gratia Christian College is registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320) and has started offering degree programmes since 2015. Currently, Gratia is offering 4 full-time bachelor honours degree programmes, 4 higher diploma programmes, and another at diploma level, with the vision of becoming a private independent Christian university that excels in liberal arts and professional education for developing servant leaders to serve the Chinese and global communities with competence and Christian love.
The College now seeks to recruit suitable candidates for the following positions in the 2021/22 academic year:
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / ASSISTANT PROFESSOR /
SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER FOR THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMMES
Qualified candidates should generally:
- Possess a relevant doctoral degree in respective disciplines for Assistant Professor or above and at least a master’s degree in relevant areas for lecturing post
- Have good teaching track record in tertiary educational setting
- Demonstrate potential or proven record in research for the professorial track
Specific requirements for the following programmes:
|Bachelor of Social Work (Hons)
|Registered Social Worker with 5 years’ post-degree social work experience.Capable of teaching social work-related courses.Experienced in supervising honours projects of senior-year students and fieldwork practice in various settings.
|General Education* for various Programmes at Degree / Higher Diploma levels
|Specialism in Chinese Language Studies with solid lecturing experience under tertiary education setting to teach Chinese Language & CommunicationCompetency in delivering one or more of the following subjects would be an edge:
(1) Character & Life Education
(2) Culture, Society & TechnologyEnthusiastic and innovative in teaching, with a heart to serve students well
Qualified candidates that can assume duty on or before 3 January 2022 would be preferred.
* A course component for all degree / sub-degree programmes
- Perform teaching duties, develop course materials, and assess students’ academic performance;
- Mentor student research and carry out scholarly activities;
- Collaborate with members of other departments and programmes; and
- Undertake administrative duties as required.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment would be made on gratuity-bearing contract basis with a possibility for renewal subject to review. Medical benefits and annual leave will be provided accordingly.
Please apply in writing with full resume and copies of academic qualifications, indicating date of availability, latest and expected salaries. Applications should reach the Human Resources Office, Gratia Christian College, 5 Wai Chi Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1 December 2021. Shortlisting and interview may be arranged before the application deadline should suitable potential candidates be identified. For enquiries, please call at 5804 4149.